THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, December 1, 2008

The DIRTY south has a hold on me...

Lets just say my trip to South Carolina was better than I ever imagined. I am soooooo thankful for my Papa for helping me get down there. I really owe it all to him. He didn't want me to be all alone on thanksgiving so he helped me get a flight to SC with Momma and Gary. It couldn't have been better timing, and a better Thanksgiving vacation. Mel my roommate (bless her soul) woke up at 4:30am just to get me to the airport on time.

As you might know I am an avid history buff. I love American History, and what better place to learn about the foundation of America than one of the 13 original colonies. I wanted to learn everything I could and Mom and Gary were very helpful with that. Mom, being proud of her heritage, and Gary just being so sweet and giving, we didn't really miss out on much. We started out our journey in Columbia, going to all the old mansions and to the Historic State House.






Next on our agenda was Charleston. I couldn't wait to see it, the history behind this town was seriously breathtaking. The first shots of the Civil War took place on the very Fort I stood on. There was soooo much history, I could sit and talk for hours... but really I wont bore anyone. It was just a magical feeling being there, where the first settlements were established. Oh gosh, I wish I could go back right now.


This is Momma and me on a carriage ride throughout the city. The guide was awesome, he knew his stuff. But I did leave out a small fraction of information. The day before we went to Charleston, I attended the singles ward (granddaddy just had a feeling I should go), So I did as Diddy wished, and I don't regret it one bit. I met some of the COOLEST people I have ever met, and instantly gained a great group of South Carolina buddies. One of the many was Shane Branham, the son of moms old playmate Dennis, and the grandson of Nanny's old best friend growing up. Mr. Shane and I ended up talkin a whole lot that Sunday, and the following day until finally I asked him to join us in Charleston so that he could take me on the infamous "Ghost Tour" Why he actually came, I'll never understand but his 2 hour journey ended up paying off. WE HAD THE TIME OF OUR LIVES.



TO bE CONTINuED......

3 comments:

Lorna said...

What fun photos...you should have made them bigger, though. It's just not the same without you here. I miss you...You have made this trip so much fun and I am so happy that you decided to join us. I know a young man that is awfully sad you are gone. :)

TaMara said...

Hey Whitney! We enjoyed meeting you. Hope you can come back here soon. I know Shane is excited for his visit-he didn't even come to UT when we lived there to see his sister and nephew! Feel free to visit our blog (ask shane for the address!)

TaMara (shane's big sis)

TaWanna Branham said...

Hello, Whitney. So glad you enjoyed the South.....especially Shane! He takes after his mom, doesn't he? Thanks for taking time to come up last week. You are a doll...like your mom. Hope to see you soon. Of course, Shane will get to see you first!